Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Sunday, August 17, 2014
- Manolo Arias- “Solving the Mysteries of Phragmipedium kovachii Culture”
- Chen-Chung Chen- “Multifloral Paphiopedilums in Taiwan”
- John Doherty- “A Beautiful Mess: Growing and Flowering 2,263 inches of Petals”
- Robert Fuchs- “Vandaceous Intergeneric Hybrids: Where We Stand Today”
- Peter Lin- “Novelty Phalanopsis Hybridizing”
- Rick Lockwood- “What Do Orchids Eat?”
- Gary Meyer, PhD- “Dracula Culture and Taxonomy”
- David Off- “Cattleya Collecting in the 21st Century”
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Sometimes an item we have collected yesterday is less precious today, or perhaps we just need to weed our collections.
Please put those items to good use! The AOS Members Meeting, held October 17-22, 2010 at Virginia Beach, VA. includes an Auction to benefit the American Orchid Society operating fund. Clean out the excess, less to dust and help the AOS.
Any items…art, jewelry, dishes ,etc. are needed.
Please just contact Mary Beth Clarke email@example.com and I’ll arrange to get them from you. Thank you for caring!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Even after an extensive outreach effort on the part of the IRS many small not-for-profits are on the verge of losing their tax exemption for failure to comply with reporting requirements. Don’t let your organization be one of them. The deadline to comply is October 15, 2010. You can find important information on one-time filing relief for small tax exempt organizations that failed to file for three consecutive years at www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=225702,00.html
If you are unsure whether an organization to which you belong is at risk, the IRS maintains a list of those non-compliant organizations, arranged by State, at www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=225889,00.html
There isn’t much time left.
DON’T LET YOUR ORGANIZATION LOSE ITS VERY IMPORTANT TAX-EXEMPTION.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
In Fall 2009, the Orchid Society of Western Pennsylvania and the American Orchid Society, through its Affiliated Societies, decided to
ask you to share some of the most innovative, fun-filled and challenging things that local affiliates were doing across the nation. Read this report to learn how you can supercharge your local orchid society to add value and fun activities for your members.